*Made for mid-cool water: 55-60° F/13-16° C*
Torso / thighs: 3.5mm 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content, lined with 51% recycled polyester/44% polyester/5% spandex inverted microgrid.
Arms / legs: 3mm 85% Yulex natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content, lined with high- stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey; exterior face fabric: 85% recycled polyester/15% spandex.
A high-performance, neoprene-free wetsuit, the R2® Yulex® Front-Zip Full Suit is made of 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content; the natural rubber is derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance.
- 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple glued and 100% internally taped
- Floating, asymmetrical front-zip with corrosion- proof Salmi® zipper provides extra room to get in/out and extends suit’s lifespan; unlike other designs, zipper is replaceable
- Easy-access key loop
- Made with neoprene-free 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber (by polymer content) that meets our rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability; the natural rubber is derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance; the synthetic rubber is chlorine-free
- Torso/thighs have 51% recycled polyester/44% polyester/5% spandex inverted microgrid thermal lining that minimises weight, dries fast and offers excellent flexibility.
- Supratex kneepads and ankle cuffs for maximum durability and anatomic fit.
- High-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey lining throughout improves flexibility and dry time; exterior face fabric made with 85% recycled polyester/12% spandex is durable, stretchy and water-resistant
88438 / Formfitting / 1247 g (44 oz)
Surfers have been relying on neoprene since the ’50s, but it’s a non-renewable material with an energy-intensive manufacturing process. Now we’ve finally found a way to make it a thing of the past. For the last eight years, Patagonia has been pioneering and proving the use of natural rubber in wetsuits—and sharing our groundbreaking R&D work with the competition to help the industry shift to cleaner and better materials. This season marks our biggest leap yet.
By introducing the world’s first neoprene-free wetsuits, we’re reducing the CO2 emitted in the polymer manufacturing process by up to ~70% compared to conventional neoprene. It’s a radical change that’s giving surfers a chance to choose plants over petroleum and renewables over non-renewables. And by inspiring and implementing solutions to the environmental crisis, it’s a mission-driven initiative that embodies our purpose as a company. After 60 years of neoprene dependency, it’s high time to set surfing free.
The Yulex emulsion removes 99% of impurities and delivers a stronger, nonsensitizing natural material. Plant sources are irrigated by ambient rainfall and a recycled water supply is used in manufacturing.
Our natural rubber comes from plants grown and harvested in a certified carbon-neutral cycle. Using natural rubber polymer in place of energy-intensive neoprene means up to 70% less CO2 is emitted in the manufacturing process.
The highest possible recycled polyester content in our interior and exterior linings lessens our use of petroleum to make a virgin polyester while repurposing scrap material from the waste stream.
Certified to FSC standards by the Rainforest Alliance, our natural rubber sources are compliant with strict social and environmental guidelines for forest management.
Standard shipping for most products (excluding bulky items) is $9.95 Australia Wide.
For lightweight products (under 0.5kg) a $3 shipping option is available.
Click and Collect
Alternatively, you can select "In Store Pick Up" at Checkout and pick up this item from:
Wicks Surf Shop
1103 Pittwater Road
Collaroy NSW 2097
We will call or email you to confirm when your item is ready.
Wicks Surf does not accept refunds on change of mind purchases. We do exchange items within 14 days of purchase, as long as the item is returned with the original tags and the Wicks receipt. We do not offer any exchange or refund on sale items. If a product is faulty, we’ll do our best to replace it, and if we can’t, then we will offer a refund.
Should you find your item does not suit and you have a change of mind with your purchase we happily exchange within 14 days as long as the goods have not been used and are in original condition. We will exchange the item for a different size (if available) or for another style of equal value or greater value. It will be at the customer’s expense to return the item to Wicks Surf and pay for postage of the newly exchanged item.
To exchange your item, please email us your order details and an accompanying note explaining which size you require. Please then follow the instructions below:
- Pack all items with your invoice in a secure carton or reuse the original packaging. Please ensure that all boxed items are enclosed in a satchel or bubble wrap for protection or their return may be refused.
- Make sure you cover or remove original shipping label. Clearly write a new label for the item returning your package to: Wicks Surf Shop, ATT: Online Exchanges, 1103 Pittwater Road, Collaroy, NSW 2097
All returned items are exchanged are at your own expense.
Out of Stock Items
Occasionally a customer may purchase a product that is temporarily out of stock. In this instance we will contact the customer to give an estimated time delivery time. The customer is given the option to wait for the stock, however if the customer does not wish to receive the item any longer due to the wait, then we will happily refund the purchase.