Giant Tahiti or grinding outer reefs, the R1® Padded Big Wave Vest offers additional protection in heavy and hazardous surf. Built from durable 1mm and 1.5mm neoprene laminated to high-stretch 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex, the formfitting design can be worn alone or under a wetsuit and includes 11 ergonomically patterned 22mm EVA foam panels for upper-body padding and supplemental flotation in high-impact situations. Foam edges around the armholes are skived at 45 degrees for maximum range of motion; flatlock and zigzag sewing construction offers excellent strength and durability; spandex bindings along the neck, armholes and bottom hem provide a secure and comfortable fit. Nylon reinforcement at the center-front provides board short tie-in compatibility.
- 1mm and 1.5mm neoprene laminated with high-stretch 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex
- Flatlock/zigzag sewing construction with Tristar 40W and 60W nylon-bonded thread
- Laser-cut 420-denier nylon reinforcements for board-short tie compatibility (one in center-front, two on back and side)
- Custom-shaped, ergonomically patterned 22mm EVA foam panels (11 total) for padded protection during high-impact activity
- Foam edges around armholes are skived at 45 degrees to optimize range of motion
- 38mm folded spandex bindings secured with double-needle coverstitching at neck, armholes and bottom hem increase comfort and strength
- Body: 1mm and 1.5mm neoprene laminated with high-stretch 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex. Impact panels: 22mm EVA foam
Standard shipping for most products (excluding bulky items) is $9.95 Australia Wide.
For lightweight products (under 0.5kg) a $3 shipping option is available.
Click and Collect
Alternatively, you can select "In Store Pick Up" at Checkout and pick up this item from:
Wicks Surf Shop
1103 Pittwater Road
Collaroy NSW 2097
We will call or email you to confirm when your item is ready.
Wicks Surf does not accept refunds on change of mind purchases. We do exchange items within 14 days of purchase, as long as the item is returned with the original tags and the Wicks receipt. We do not offer any exchange or refund on sale items. If a product is faulty, we’ll do our best to replace it, and if we can’t, then we will offer a refund.
Should you find your item does not suit and you have a change of mind with your purchase we happily exchange within 14 days as long as the goods have not been used and are in original condition. We will exchange the item for a different size (if available) or for another style of equal value or greater value. It will be at the customer’s expense to return the item to Wicks Surf and pay for postage of the newly exchanged item.
To exchange your item, please email us your order details and an accompanying note explaining which size you require. Please then follow the instructions below:
- Pack all items with your invoice in a secure carton or reuse the original packaging. Please ensure that all boxed items are enclosed in a satchel or bubble wrap for protection or their return may be refused.
- Make sure you cover or remove original shipping label. Clearly write a new label for the item returning your package to: Wicks Surf Shop, ATT: Online Exchanges, 1103 Pittwater Road, Collaroy, NSW 2097
All returned items are exchanged are at your own expense.
Out of Stock Items
Occasionally a customer may purchase a product that is temporarily out of stock. In this instance we will contact the customer to give an estimated time delivery time. The customer is given the option to wait for the stock, however if the customer does not wish to receive the item any longer due to the wait, then we will happily refund the purchase.